Join our department
To apply to the Lenexa Police Department, you must complete an employment application and the Personal History Statement.
• Police Officer employment application
• Police Dispatcher employment
• Personal History Statement
For questions on this process, please contact the Recruiting/Hiring Hotline at (913) 825-8282
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
. Am I qualified?
To be considered for a position with the Lenexa Police Department, applicants must:
• be a U.S. citizen
• be at least 21 years of age by application date
• possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• possess a valid state driver's license
• not have a personal or professional history that would automatically disqualify you for a position (see list of automatic disqualifiers
Prior law enforcement experience or college courses in criminal justice or a related associate's or bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required. What happens after I apply?
First, complete and submit the standard application form
and the Lenexa PD employment application packet
. If eligible, you will then be asked to complete a written aptitude test. Candidates must achieve a passing score to continue in the hiring process.
For more information about the Lenexa Police Department
, visit the City of Lenexa's website.
For news and events, visit us on Facebook or Twitter